Google Blogger is one of the best platforms to start your blogging career.
Do I need to purchase a hosting plan in Blogger?
- A Gmail Account
- A domain (e.g. yourdomain.com)
In this guide, I will take a domain purchased from GoDaddy as an example. I assume that you know how to purchase a domain. If you don’t know how to purchase a domain then please let me know in the comment section below.
How to setup custom domain on Blogger?
Go to settings
Note: Do not click on the Save button.
Login to Domain Control Panel
- Click on the edit button of the CNAME field.
- Update the Host and Points to fields as shown in your Blogger account.
- Click on Add button and select CNAME from the list.
- Copy another Host and Points to from the blogger account and update the fields. Click on the Save button.
- Go back to your blogger account and Click on the Save button. Again click on Edit in the Blog Address field.
Again return back to your domain control panel. Like above click on Add. This time in the Type list you have to select A. Fill the Host field with @ and update the Points to with 184.108.40.206. Like this, you have to add a total of 4 A records.
The IP addresses which you need to add are:
Again return back to the blogger account and check the box to redirect your blog to www. your blog name and click on the Save button.
If you have updated the CNAME and A records correctly, your custom domain will start working. Click on view blog to check the connection of your blog to the custom domain. In some cases, it may take some time. Once it is added correctly, your Blogspot domain will be redirected to your custom domain automatically.
Here is the official help from Google to link the custom domain to Blogger.
If you find any difficulty during the process, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below. I will definitely try to help you. Thank You.